[gst-devel] Buffering with playbin

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 12:50:39 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Ash <hashbrown100 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I've set queue-threshold and queue-size properties of playbin to around 9
> seconds, and I noticed during buffering streaming content, it hangs at a
> certain percentage. This happens on totem and gst-launch for an apple
> quicktime movie trailer. I've tried changing this number several times (even
> the default), but the hang still happens. Is there a reason this is
> happening or something I am missing?

I'm just guessing, but qtdemux has an initial phase where it parses the
headers of the mov file, maybe it is related to this.

> For example,
> gst-launch -m playbin uri="
> http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/the_dark_knight/the_dark_knight-tlr2_h1080p.mov"
> queue-size=50000000000 queue-threshold=9000000000
>
> Is there any other way to increase buffer size of streaming movies via
> playbin?

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)