[gst-devel] jerky playback with udpsrc and flutsdemux at receiver side.

Ambily N ambilyn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:29:02 CEST 2008

Hi Wim,

Thank you very much your quick response with clear explanations.

I had traced the timestamps going out from Fluendo demuxand those found to
be similar in the live as well as non-live case.

So I understand the fix for live source is needed at the Fluendo TS demux
part. Is this correct?

We need a container format like MPEG2 TS for H.264, since we need audio
also.
So we can't use rtph264pay for this since its for H.264 VES.

Also could you please guide us on the required modifications on the demux ?
Will simply copying of the udpsrc's timestamp to the outgoing buffers  of
demux (only if any upstream src is live) will help?

Regards
Ambiy