[gst-devel] How to associate GStreamer elements with a specific GMainContext?

Philipp Leibfried Philipp.Leibfried at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 12:30:22 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning GStreamer and multi-threading.

I'm devleoping an application in which I need to run several GStreamer pipelines in parallell, i.e. each in its own thread. Moreover, pipelines need to be paused or stopped at a caller's request. The latter is why I plan on using g_main_context_iteration() instead of g_main_loop_run() to "run" the pipelines.
The question is: how do I make sure that g_nmain_context_iteration() only runs one specific pipeline and not all of the pipelines which happen to be active at the time of the call? Is there a way to associate specific GStreamer elements with a specific GMainContext?

TIA
-Philipp Leibfried