[gst-devel] GStreamer SoC money

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Aug 20 13:51:45 CEST 2008

Hi,
As the GStreamer summer of code draws to an end there will be some money
coming into the GStreamer project (the 500$ per project given to the
mentoring organisation). Since GStreamer do not have a formal foundation
or anything like that I made some alternative arrangements. Basically we
will do the same thing that Gimp have done earlier years and have the
GNOME Foundation hold the money for us for a small administration fee.

What we will eventually do with the money is a bit unclear, but I
thought it was a better solution that the GNOME Foundation hold the
money in the meantime than me personally doing it.

As for how the money will be allocated in the end I am hoping we can get
some rough community concensus on that. Helping pay for some kind of
GStreamer summit has been one of the ideas floated. That said the final
principle that will be applied in spending the money will be that the
four people who mentored in this years summer of code (Zaheer, Stefan,
Wim and Edward) will have the final word on how the money is spent.

Christian