[gst-devel] re use partial pipeline: clock problems?

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:52:49 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 11:06 -0700, Thomas Loewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to reuse parts of my pipeline which in principle works, but it
> uses the "wrong" clock.
>
> It's an dynamic build pipeline which looks like this:
>
> neonhttpsrc->flutsdemux-> multiple audio + single video pipelines
>
> On the first start it uses the "correct" GstAudioSinkClock, but on the
> second start it selects the GstSystemClock.
>
> On stop the CLOCK_LOST signal is send (because the audiosink was removed
> from the pipeline), on start the NEW_CLOCK is immediately send and the
> systemclock is selected (because at this time there is no audiosink in the
> pipeline). But after the pipeline is build the audiosink will not be
> selected as new master.
>
> What's wrong or missing here?

The clock is selected when going from PAUSED to PLAYING. If you are
dynamically building and destroying the pipeline it's a good idea to
bring the pipeline back to PAUSED before adding the new sinks. When all
sinks are added, you can put it back to PLAYING to make it select a
clock from all available clock providers.

Wim