[gst-devel] JACK Audio Dropouts

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Tue Dec 2 00:43:14 CET 2008

Tristan Matthews <tristan at sat.qc.ca> writes:

> Have you tried your gst-launch line with these settings:
> gst-launch filesrc location=foo.ogg ! decodebin ! audioconvert  ! audioresample ! jackaudiosink

Yes, if I leave out the sync=false part on the jackaudiosink module,
it only plays half a second and then stops, just sitting there,
outputting no audio.

I did however try this:

nice --15 gst-launch filesrc location=audiodump.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert  ! audioresample ! jackaudiosink sync=false

Now it plays the audio fine, but using very much CPU. The audio is
playing perfectly. There seems to be some scheduling problems here. Is
gst-launch not requesting proper scheduling priorities?.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m