[gst-devel] ASF over RTSP/RTP?

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:24:20 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 10:08 +0800, Eric Zhang wrote:
> Hi, gstreamer-devel:
>
>     1. MMS has been deprecated and now windows media player will first
> try to use RTSP method to play a `mms://' movie.

What to do then, do you think it is possible to handle this in gstream,
or this better to be handled in totem.

>     2. Now in gstreamer, rtspsrc sends a PLAY method with Range header
> to perform seek but some RTSP server needs the client PAUSE the play
> first. So that's why the seek doesn't work. I have submitted a bug
> report to gstreamer and the bug has been accepted so I think the seek
> will be ok in next gst-plugins-good release.
The problem is that it never sends PLAY.
When I seek the stream using totem, all I see is a TEARDOWN fololwed by
new TCP connection in which gstreamer sends 3 SETUP messages as usual,
but then never sends PLAY command.

Best regards,
	Maxim levitsky