[gst-devel] GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_util_uint64_scale_int: assertion `denom > 0' failed

Eric Zhang nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:59:32 CET 2008

Hi, gstreamer-devel:

    gst_util_uint64_scale_int has 3 parameters: val, num, denom and this
function perform val*num/denom and return the result. The last parameter
denom can't be negative, that's why you got these warning messages.

    So your mission is to find out where these messages come from. After
that, you can tell why these messages occur. I also got these warnings
several times and finally I find out the denom which I passed to
gst_util_uint64_scale_int will be -1 when the playing is reaching EOS. So I
add a "if" logic in the code and solved this problem.

Eric Zhang