[gst-devel] Matroskamux: writing index is slow

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Dec 16 11:07:28 CET 2008

 Hoi -devel,

 I'm writing an application that streams video from live sources into matroska
files.  The files are closed when they are 2GB.  I noticed that this closing
can take 4-5 seconds on a high performance server.  This is because
matroskamux, while writing its index, is writing 3-8 bytes and then seeking
back and forth for every frame in the stream.  There is actually a cache
implemented in embl-write.c, but it has been disabled since 2003 because it
doesn't work.

 So, my question is, before I start fixing this cache, does anybody know
what's wrong with it?

 Regards,
 Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540