[gst-devel] How do get the number of frames in a video file?

Nick Haddad nhaddad at mathworks.com
Wed Feb 20 15:53:38 CET 2008

I really need to get this information before playback starts.  I want
to present the user with the frame count after they open a file.

If there is no generalized way to do do this (by asking the decode
bin?) Is there a way seek through by frames without decoding the video
in the files?  If there is then I can do a quick walk through frame by
frame to do my count.

Thanks,
-Nick