[gst-devel] Playing video files on Windows

Marko Mikkonen mmikkone at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Jan 7 18:40:04 CET 2008

Hello,

What kind of command do you use to play any video file on Windows with
gst-launch (video _and_ sound)?

So far I've tried playbin, but it doesn't work (there is no FILE protocol
handler on Windows, apparently), so I suspect you should use decodebin?
I've been trying a million different combinations, but I just can't find
the right one.

-Marko

P.S. I guess this is not really a developer question but instead a user
question, so perhaps this is not the right forum. But I couldn't find a
better place to ask. Is there a better place?