[gst-devel] TI OMAP DSP support

g the_ether2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 20:22:03 CET 2008

--- Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com>
wrote:
> There is different DSP stuff coming from TI. For
> OMAP they provide
> OpenMAX IL wrappers for their DSP codecs, which in
> turn can be used in
> GStreamer with gst-openmax.

In the following article TI says they have a plug-in
for GStreamer:
gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

> They'll have to support OpenMAX IL.

So if I understand what you are saying, it is that
Gstreamer currently does not have any OMAP DSP
accelerated video decode capability. That would have
to be supported by a specific codec and that codec
would have to be available as a plug-in to GStreamer.

That's what I would expect. I couldn't imagine how one
GStreamer plug-in could provide video decompression
acceleration for another plug-in and yet that's what
the above article seems to state.

However, the Nokia N800 and N810 must surely have a
media player that uses the acceleration capability of
the OMAP 2420 chip.

Regards

Graham