[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] tpm gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/docs/gst/ gstreamer/gst/ gstreamer/tests/check/gst/

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jan 16 22:32:52 CET 2008

hi,

any ideas how to handle such changes a bit more graceful. The issue:
I build my app against gst-cvs and use disable-deprecated. So if there is such a
change my build fails. So far okay. Old API deprecated, new api there as a
replacement - available since 0.10.16. Okay, check for gst-0.10.16 and use new
api if we have it. Bang. There is no 0.10.16 available (yet).

Should we only activate the deprecations after bumping the version? How do
others handle that? reconfigure all the build-slaves and developer checkouts
(remove the disable deprecated). Do I overlook something obvious?

Stefan