[gst-devel] handling x-raw-gray/Y16 (16bits) signal

Brandon Lewis brandon_lewis at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 4 10:46:04 CEST 2008

Albert Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use a dc1394 camera that supports 16 bits depth gray
> images. However, whatever I try, I find no way to set the caps of my
> dc1394 plugin to this format.
>
> For example,
>
> "gst-launch dc1394src ! video/x-raw-gray,depth=16 ! fakesink" returns
> with not negociated caps error (I have tried many combinations of
> pipelines, none succeeded)...

I think that's an invalid pipeline for a number of reasons:

1) dc1394src -- did you mean dv1394src?
2) video/x-raw-gray,depth=16 ... this isn't an element. it's a
capability...using ! doesn't make sense. try using a capsfilter -- i.e.
.... ! capsfilter caps=video/x-raw-gray ! ...
3) if you use fakesink, nothing is going to show up anyways
4) you'll want to use ffmpegcolorspace between your source and sink.

try this:

gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

even then, i've never used dv1394src myself, so there could be other properties
to set in order to have a working pipelien.