[gst-devel] oss audio pipeline doesn't work when debug on

Liu, Bin b-liu at ti.com
Mon Jun 9 22:35:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to gstreamer. I cross-compiled gst to my ARM board. I have no
problem to play the mp3 audio stream from a movie clip using the
following pipeline:

	gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 \
      filesrc location=t.avi ! avidemux ! queue ! mad ! osssink

But if I turn on the debug level higher than level 2 for any component,
I cannot hear anything from the speakers, for example using the
following pipeline:

	GST_DEBUG="baseaudiosink:4" gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 \
      filesrc location=t.avi ! avidemux ! queue ! mad ! osssink

It seems like the PCM data have never been written to oss device,
because the gst_oss_sink_write() function never been called in
gstosssink.c. Basically audioringbuffer_thread_func() never wakes up
from waiting for the ringbuffer condition in gstaudiosink.c.

Do you have any input on that?

BTY, I have patched the gstmad.c to output 16-bit PCM data to directly
output to osssink, so here is no conversion between mad and osssink.

Thanks,
-Bin.