[gst-devel] MP3, AAC and MPEG Audio codecs

Nitin Mahajan nitinm76 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 13:35:38 CEST 2008

HI!

--- On Tue, 10/6/08, Ramana Reddy Polaka <Ramana_Polaka at infosys.com> wrote:

> From: Ramana Reddy Polaka <Ramana_Polaka at infosys.com>
> Subject: RE: [gst-devel] MP3, AAC and MPEG Audio codecs
> To: "nitinm76 at yahoo.com" <nitinm76 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, 4:29 PM
> Hi,
>
> Nothing is removed infact. You can play.
>
> Can u try
> gst-launch filesrc location=stream.mp3 ! mp3parse !
> ffdec_mp3 ! alsasink

This worked for me, the mp3 infact plays. How to play an MPEG4-AAC file using the same command?

> pls try to post error log to help better.

First time I actually played this through the Phonon Multimedia framework of QT, which reported me no suitable codec found. When I added the Ugly plugin, it could play mp3 but not AAC.
So I thought mp3 was played through libmad.

regards

-Nitin