[gst-devel] gst_element_send_event - textoverlay

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Mon Mar 17 19:05:21 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 19:01 +0100, Julien Isorce wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know if gst_element_send_event is thread safe ?
>
> Actually I want to set the textoverlay's property "text" from an other
> thread than the main thread.
> Is there an existing event which can do that ? If it doest not already
> exist, do you have an example that shows how to create an textEvent
> (then i call : gst_element_send_event( textoverlayElement, textEvent)

Hi Julien,

This is nothing to do with events at all, then.

You should just set this property using g_object_set(), like you would
for any other property. Doing this from a different thread should be
fine.

Some elements ignore changes to properties while they're running,
though. I didn't check to see if textoverlay is one of them.

Mike