[gst-devel] Problem playing MPEG2-TS files with custom source plugin (MPEG2-PS works fine)

danielkun at iremo.com danielkun at iremo.com
Tue Mar 18 04:08:40 CET 2008

Hello,

I have built my own source plugin which currently only reads a file from
the HD.
(works similar to filesrc)

Using my own source plugin I can play back MPEG2-PS files but
when I try to play an MPEG2-TS file I get an error message saying:
"Element doesn't implement handling of this stream. Please file a bug."

This message appears after gst_xxx_start() has been called but,
before gst_xxx_create() is called. (gst_xxx_create() never gets called)

How come I can play MPEG2-PS but not MPEG2-TS?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel