[gst-devel] Probelm loading pipeline from XML

Sreejesh sreejesh at multitech.co.in
Fri Mar 28 08:05:14 CET 2008

Hi All,

I have tried saving the below pipeline to xml file using "gst-launch" with
-output option

[example from gstrtpbin reference]

gst-launch --output=test.gst gstrtpbin name=rtpbin \
        v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_h263 ! rtph263ppay !
rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 \
                  rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5000
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5001 sync=false
async=false    \
                  udpsrc port=5005 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0
\
        audiotestsrc ! amrnbenc ! rtpamrpay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_1
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtp_src_1 ! udpsink port=5002
\
                  rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_1 ! udpsink port=5003 sync=false
async=false    \
                  udpsrc port=5007 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_1

But I get an error when I try to load this pipeline using "gst-xmllaunch"
command line or using "gst_xml_get_element" in my test program.

The error is basically an assert failure for "pad != NULL".

If I construct simple pipeline like "gst-launch --output=test.gst v4lsrc !
xvimagesink" and launch the pipeline using "gst-xmllaunch test.gst", it
works perfectly fine.

Looks like I have an issue when I use "pads".

Is there anything wrong in my procedure?

Please give me some clue to proceed.

Thanks & Regards

Sreejesh R B

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to
any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain
viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this
risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and
review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.
Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys
e-mail system.