[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] ensonic gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Mar 31 12:41:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

Quoting Jan Schmidt <thaytan at mad.scientist.com>:

> <quote who="ensonic at kemper.freedesktop.org">
>
>> CVS Root:       /cvs/gstreamer
>> Module:         gstreamer
>> Changes by:     ensonic
>> Date:           Mon Mar 31 2008  08:32:40 UTC
>>
>> 	* gst/gstregistry.c:
>> 	  Only test plugin filenames against G_MODULE_SUFFIX.
>
> This seems like a gratuitous change with screw-up potential - are you sure
> there wasn't a good reason for testing the other extensions? On Mac OS/X
> using macports, I know I see the plugins built as .so files and glibconfig.h
> contains that as the G_MODULE_SUFFIX, but other shared-object files on the
> system end up as .dylib, and I have no idea what the difference is or
> whether we should be continuing to test that extension too.

Can someone with a mac verify? I can ofcourse revert it, but would
only like to do that if there is need and we can stick a fat comment
there why we dont use G_MODULE_SUFFIX 8as this seems to be a logical
thing to do).

To clarify, the issue you see is when running uninstalled, the plugins
won't be picked up, as their extension is .so (only turned into .dylib
when installing)?

Stefan