[gst-devel] gst_xml_write_file failing with access violation on Windows XP

Andreas Schuler andreas at neokast.com
Mon Mar 31 21:14:59 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have been trying to print my pipeline for debugging purpose using the xml
write command but without success. What I keep getting is an access
violation, no matter whether I am building in debug or release mode. Has
anyone experienced a similar problem? What am I doing wrong?

My current GST setup:

GStreamer: 0.10.17
gst-plugins-base: 0.10.17
gst-plugins-good: 0.10.7
gst-plugins-bad: 0.10.6
gst-plugins-ugly: 0.10.7
gst-ffmpeg: 0.10.2

I am basically looking for a way to debug my GStreamer pipeline. I have
found that GstEditor appears to be outdated and no longer compatible with
the 0.10 releases. Is that correct? What other tools are you recommending to
debug GStreamer applications?

Thanks,

Andreas