[gst-devel] gst_ring_buffer question

Edward Averill edaverill at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 00:43:27 CEST 2008

I'm seeing some odd behavior on my build of gStreamer on an embedded device.

when I commit 1K of sample in gst_base_audio_seek_render(), using gst_ring_buffer_commit_full(), for test purposes I turn around and call gst_ring_buffer_delay() and gst_ring_buffer_samples_done() to see if any of the samples I sent in were processed.

Despite getting a return of 1024 from gst_ring_buffercommit_full(), both gst_ring_buffer_delay() and gst_ring_buffer_samples_done() return zero.  I would have expected to see something other than zero back from one of those two calls...

Is this "working as designed"?  Or did I mess something up somewhere?

All assistance appreciated.

..ed..