[gst-devel] How to capture audio for encoding

Dennis Tran dennis_dat_tran at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 9 03:15:20 CEST 2008

Hi,
I can capture video played on desktop screen, encode and mux it before sending it out to a receiver system. For example, I can play a Youtube clip on desktop and the pipeline below can capture the entire desktop and send it out. The receiver can see the clip. However I don't know how to do similarly for audio.
gst-launch -v ximagesrc ! video/x-raw-rgb,framerate=5/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! flutsmux ! rtpmp2tpay ...
Could somebody show me how to capture audio?
Thanks,
Dennis