[gst-devel] Gstreamer on Windows XP

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 13:42:42 CEST 2008

Michael Smith wrote:

> There's nothing wrong here, it's just that cdparanoiasrc does not run
> on windows - and so it's not included.
>
> I don't know if there's an alternative cd-ripping plugin for windows.
> If there is, you could use that. Otherwise, you will need to write
> one.

Thank you for your reply, although the news is very disappointing.

I found some evidence of an attempt 2 years ago to port Gstreamer to Cygwin,
but it looks as if that effort aborted.  As cdparanoia will run under
Cygwin, such a port would solve the Windows problem.  Does anyone know the
current status of a Cygwin port?

It would be helpful if statements that the project has ports to Windows of
base releases (such as the one on this page:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/) included the qualification that
the port does not include cdparanoiasrc.
--
Jeffrey Barish