[gst-devel] How to build gst-edit in 0-10 gstreamer.

Zheng, Shude shude at margi.com
Wed May 14 22:55:07 CEST 2008

I try to rebuild the gst-edit-0.8 in gstreamer-0.10 in ubuntu.

First I just change the version in configure.ac and Makefile.am. But it
is "fails sanity check" when I did configure.

Then I use app template as the base and gradually add the source code of
gst-edit-0.8. It asks for gtk.h. I add /use/include/gtk2.0 to cflags.
But it gives a lot of errors in gtktextview.h, gtktipsquert.h of GTK for
some unknown function etc.

When I install GTK  that is downloaded it needs more other program. I
install libtiff. It said unsupported hardcode properties.

Because I have a little experience in gstreamer and ubuntu. Can you give
me idea how to build the application like gst-edit.

Thanks,

Shude