[gst-devel] MPEG-2 TS Muxing

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Tue May 27 10:27:08 CEST 2008

Hi

Trying to see if I can get gstreamer to encode a a/v source into a
H.264/aac MPEG-2 TS stream. A/V encoding seems to work well, but the TS
encoding part seems not to be supported.

I'm looking into copy some code from VLC to create a TS mux plugin, but
would like to ask first,  if anyone else is working on something like
that ? As I see it, we need to convert the two ES streams into to PES
packet stream into a TS packet stream, which then could use either a UDP
output plugin, a http server plugin (when finished) or a RTSP server
plugin (if planned). So ES in PES in TS is needed. ES in PES in TS in
RTP seems not to be widely used, so thsi is skipped.

However, we would also need to create PAT and PMT to make the stream
useful for many applications (such as Set Top Boxes not quite as clever
as Mplayer).

Best regards

Peter Maersk-Moller