[gst-devel] Can't manage volume with GstVolume

Sergio g4ll0ws at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 13:05:00 CET 2008

I'm working on gstreamer (0.10.19), but I can't change the playback
volume. I tried with GstVolume element in this way:

    self->gst_volume = gst_element_factory_make("volume", "my-volume");
    gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(self->gst_bin), source, parser,
                     decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);

    gst_element_link(source, parser);
    gst_element_link_many(decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);

The playback runs fine, but when I try to change the volume with:

    g_object_set(G_OBJECT(self->gst_volume), "volume", value, NULL);

nothing happens.
(`value' range is 0.0,1.0)

Can someone give me a hint? TIA,

s.