[gst-devel] Format ofYUY2 stream

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:05:03 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:23 -0500, OB Lutz wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I'm attempting to write an application that will send a YUV (YUY2)
> stream out on udp and have gstreamer take it in and do some
> precessing. For starters, I'm trying to simply view the output with:
>
> gst-launch -v udpsrc port=1234 buffer-size=0 !
> video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)YUY2,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1
> ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false

You could use the raw video rtp (de)pay loaders together with udp, like
this:

  gst-launch videotestsrc ! rtpvrawpay ! udpsink

and

  gst-launch udpsrc caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,
  clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)RAW,
  sampling=(string)YCbCr-4:2:2, depth=(string)8, width=(string)320,
  height=(string)240, colorimetry=(string)SMPTE240M" ! rtpvrawdepay !
  xvimagesink

YUYV is unfortunatly not a supported format for RFC 4175 but UYVY is.

Wim