[gst-devel] Lame plugin on Gstreamer

Eric Zhang nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:58:47 CET 2008

Hi, gstreamer-devel:

    I have no idea what happened to you -- I tried on my Ubuntu and seems
gst-plugins-ugly found my lame library. These are my steps:

    1. sudo apt-get install lame liblame-dev

    2. cd <gst-plugins-ugly-root-directory>

    3. ./autogen --prefix=/usr

    The output from configure is:
=====================================
configure: *** checking feature: lame mp3 encoder library ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: lame ***
checking for lame_init in -lmp3lame... yes
checking lame/lame.h usability... yes
checking lame/lame.h presence... yes
checking for lame/lame.h... yes
configure: *** These plugins will be built: lame

configure: *** Plug-ins without external dependencies that will be built:
    asfdemux
    dvdlpcmdec
    dvdsub
    iec958
    mpegaudioparse
    mpegstream
    realmedia

configure: *** Plug-ins without external dependencies that will NOT be
built:
    synaesthesia

configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
    amrnb
    lame

configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will NOT be built:
    a52dec
    cdio
    dvdnav
    dvdreadsrc
    id3tag
    mad
    mpeg2dec
    sid

Now type 'make' to compile gst-plugins-ugly.

    So, maybe you should recheck your environment. Or does something wrong
with your lame library?

Eric Zhang