[gst-devel] Problems with clockoverlay and MJPEG stream

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:58:01 CEST 2008

Hi Noe ,

     Your problem is because clockoverlay element works on YUV 4:2:0 data (
see caps by doing gst-inspect clockoverlay ) that means it expects YUV 4:2:0
data from previous element and sends YUV 4:2:0 data also to next element
.  But ximagesink works on RGB data thats why you can't connect these tow
elements .
   To solve this problem insert clockoverlay just after decodbin element
.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Noe Nieto <tzicatl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I had posted this topic before but I am unsure if it reached the
> mailing list.
>
> I have an app that displays MJPEG Streams from webcam cameras that looks
> like the following:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 gnomevfssrc location="http://ip/image?speed=25" !
> decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! ximagesink
> force-aspect-ratio="true"
>
> But when I add a clockoverlay element between the videoscale and
> ximagesink, the video gets frozen. Looks like it just displays the first
> frame.
>
> Can someone please, help me? What I am doing wrong.
>
> Noe Nieto.

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht