[gst-devel] querry : how the chain function and the activate_push function is called by the gstreamer core?

arnabsamanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Oct 6 09:09:53 CEST 2008

 Hi ,
	there are two functions in the queue element namely
			gst_queue_chain() which does all the data processing
			gst_queue_src_activate_push() which pushes away the data out of the
plugin

	Can any body tell me how exactly these two functions - gst_plugin_chain()
and gst_plugin_src_activate_push() will be 	called ?

	both the functions are declared in the plugin_init ()

	is it like once the chain() is called and then the src_activate_push () is
called and the loop gets repeated with chain				() and src_activate_push()
alternately ? but then i added a counter in both these functions and
displayed once they are called and observed that only the chain() function
is displayed and not the 				other one in the src_activate_push
							or,
			the chain() function is called and after its data processing is
completely over , then the 						src_activate_push () is called ? if this is
the case , then how the data is sent to the source 					element from the
filesrc element which send 4K bytes each time ? because to my understanding
if the 				chain() is executed at a time , then the entire file has to be
read and stord at once , which is 				quite not possible. am i right ?

	I am unable to understand the squence by which the gstreamer core calls the
functions declared in the init()

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.