[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg-0.10.5: ffmux_* can not be restarted

Pavel Zeldin pzeldin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:27:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Irfan Shaikh
<irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
> Can you just explain in brief, watz the problem you are facing with
> ffmux_asf.If you explain with the pipeline i would be more clear.
For the pipeline like this:
videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! timeoverlay ! ffenc_msmpeg4 !
ffmux_asf ! ffdemux_asf ! ffdec_msmpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink
When the pipeline goes NULL->PLAYING .. PLAYING->NULL .. NULL->PLAYING
I expect to see the timestamps reset to zero on second NULL->PLAYING
transition. It does not happen. If the pipeline
does not have 'fmux_asf ! ffdemux_asf' it works as expected.

I tried avimux as well, but there are bugs in gstavidemux.c that
prevent it from working :-(

What I really need to do is to create a recording application that
quikly rotates the file (close, open new). I am using
filesink and when size or time limit is exceeded set pipeline to
READY, change "location", set to "PLAYING" again.
Works with avimux, but not with ffmux.

I attached a test program to the bug. The program runs a pipeline and
does PLAYING->NULL->PLAYING on HUP  signal.