[gst-devel] how to implement an MP3 sink element

Dale Tian daletian at yahoo.cn
Wed Oct 8 04:54:52 CEST 2008

Is there anyone has implemented an MP3 sink or some decoder+sink element, or have any ideas about that?  Now I'm try to design such a sink.
Is it possible for us to inherited from GstAudioSink, which uses a GstRingBuffer?  >From current release I cannot see any code to support MP3 frames in the ring buffer, but in GstRingBuffer, it defines a buffer format type "GST_BUFTYPE_MPEG: samples in mpeg audio format".  Anyone knows what that type can be used for?  Is that something we can extend to support MP3 frames in ring buffer?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Dale