[gst-devel] querry: pad error while inspecting a plugin

arnabsamanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Oct 8 08:39:07 CEST 2008

Hi ved,

	Thanks for the reply.
	I have included the following lines in my _init() already. Please tell me
if i need to add any thing more .

	static void gst_queue3_init (GstQueue3 *queue3, GstQueue3Class * gclass)
	{

		queue3->srcpad = gst_pad_new_from_template ((void *)&src_factory, "src" );
		.
		.
		.
		.

	 	gst_element_add_pad (GST_ELEMENT (queue3), queue3->srcpad);
	}

	And i have figured out the rason for the segmantation error.
	the macro assertion : GST_IS_PAD(pad) is failing in all the functions . My
understanding is its due to the fact that 	the pad is not created. but am
not sure as i dint get any documentataion of the macro.
	So is my understanding correct ? if wrong , then please correct me.

 Regards,
	~Arnab