[gst-devel] pngdec, imageoverlay, setting framerate for framed output?

Thorbjorn Vynne tgv at faurmedia.dk
Wed Oct 8 16:02:30 CEST 2008

Hi

So running with the default gstreamer packages on ubuntu hardy I've had
image overlay working, with a videomixer with a video input and an image
input, using pngdec. I get a lot of assertion errors

CRITICAL **: gst_object_sync_values: assertion `GST_CLOCK_TIME_IS_VALID
(timestamp)' failed

, but the png image was overlayed on all video frames.

The pipeline looks like this with gst-launch

gst-launch-0.10 location=test.mov  filesrc location=logo.png ! pngdec !
alphacolor ! alpha method=0 alpha=0.5 ! videomixer name=mixer

 filesrc location=input.mov ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! alpha method=0
alpha=0.5 ! mixer. ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mjpeg ! ffmux_mov ! filesink

Now with the latests stable releases I only get the image overlayed on the
first video frame.

The doc for pngdec states that: "If there is no framerate set on sink caps,
it sends EOS after the first picture."

So I've tried setting the framerate on the sink caps, but the pngdec still
sends eos stream after the first frame and the image only gets overlayed the
first frame..

So my questions is what should I do to have the png image overlayed on all
frames? Is it still possible or was it just a side effect of something not
handled correctly?

/thor