[gst-devel] Playing back ASF file locally

Irfan Shaikh irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Oct 10 07:04:21 CEST 2008

Hi All,

  I am using ffmux_asf to mux mpeg4 video in ASF container using following pipeline.
           gst-launch videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! ffmux_asf ! filesink location=/root/Desktop/mpeg4.ASF

  I am successful in getting mpeg4.asf. I confirmed it to be an ASF file using a tool asfviewer.It plays on mplayer.

  But when i try to play in locally using folowing
           gst-launch filesrc location=/root/Desktop/mpeg4.asf ! asfdemux ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/asfdemux0: The stream is of a different type than handled by this element.
Additional debug info:
gstasfdemux.c(1003): gst_asf_demux_pull_headers (): /pipeline0/asfdemux0:
This doesn't seem to be an ASF file
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

similarly if i use following I get
gst-launch videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! ffmux_asf ! asfdemux ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

Regards,
Irfan

This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.