[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Oct 14 19:07:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Jeffrey Barish
<jeff_barish at earthlink.net> wrote:
> After 4 days of effort, I still have not managed to get GStreamer to work on
> Windows.  Is anyone using GStreamer on Windows?  Can you give me a clue how
> you did it?

The binaries on the website are pretty out of date (though I'd expect
them to work). The recommended way is to build gstreamer yourself -
then it certainly works well, I know of lots of people and several
companies using it on windows.

OABuild is generally considered the nicest/easiest build system to use
for building gstreamer on windows.

Mike