[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 14 22:39:55 CEST 2008

Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Jeffrey Barish
> <jeff_barish at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> With OABuild, I get:
>>
>> C:\gstreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=c:\windows\temp\alsndmgr.wav
>
> Well, step one: you must give a URI to playbin, not a windows path.

How's this?

gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file://windows/temp/alsndmgr.wav

> Step two: figure out why those plugins aren't loading. I don't,
> offhand, know why that might be - though it won't stop you from
> playing a WAV file, so long as you provide a URI.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin:playbin0: A FILE protocol source plugin is
required to play this stream, but not installed.
Additional debug info: ..\..\gst\playback\gstplaybasebin.c(1673):
gen_source_element (): /GstPlayBin:playbin0: No URI handler for file
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

I get the same message about needing a FILE protocol source plugin.

gst-launch is finding the modules, so the warning about being unable to load
them means just that.  I would suppose a version problem, but the modules
and the exe's all came out of the same installer -- one that apparently
works for everyone else.
--
Jeffrey Barish