[gst-devel] A plugin for Future Composer audio files

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 22:43:08 CEST 2008

Hi everyone!

Although a newbie with regard to the various GStreamer APIs, I've
published a plugin for playing AMIGA Future Composer audio modules:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=45797&package_id=295132&release_id=633179

It uses a very old decoder backend that has been used a couple of times
before. Works fine here so far.

Very helpful in creating this has been the GStreamer Plugin Writer's Guide
(0.10.20.1). In particular the make_element script to create base source
files for a quick start.

An early hurdle I ran into is that I as soon as I used "gst-launch-0.10
playbin uri=" or Rhythmbox to test the plugin, the audio files refused to
load. It turnt out that I had to implement a typefind function as one of
the first things, or else some mpeg plugin would accept my input files
and fail to play them.

Another thing I wondered is where to find a list of what must be
implemented? For example, when adding support for seek events, I didn't
know what GST_FORMAT_* parameters I need to handle. It may be that my
0.1 implementation is only a subset that works with Rhythmbox and needs
more to not be too limited.

--
Michael Schwendt
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) - Linux 2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686