[gst-devel] gstreamer, python binding and intRange :

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 08:25:35 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 23:42 +0200, nico wrote:
> Hello
> I was trying to write a python function who check the type from a field
> in a Caps structure.
> >From the python binding I use the function : has_field_typed
> My first param is a field name , and the second the type.
>
> Is on chossing the type where I have a problem.
> if field type is  |G_TYPE_INT , I use :
> has_field_typed("width",gobject.TYPE_INT). The result is fine.
>
> if field type is ||GST_TYPE_INT_RANGE or ||GST_TYPE_FRACTION, I don't
> know what is the second parameter value for ||has_field_typed()||. I did
> not find any gst.TYPE_INT_RANGE constant.  What value I can use for that
> or where it is defined ? I was trying to play  with gst.IntRange(), but
> without success.

Those GType are not available (even though the classes corresponding to
those types (gst.IntRange, gst.Fraction)) are.

You can achieve a similar result by doing:

s = pad.get_caps()[0]
if "width" in s and isinstance(s["width"], gst.IntRange):
  print "We have an IntRange 'width' property"

Edward

> Thanks in advance11
>
> Nico.

Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com>