[gst-devel] request pad issue

Zoltan Seress gatesofdarkness at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:38:51 CEST 2008

Hi dev!

I' m working on a source element, which is designed for a grabber card. In
this state of progress, the element has only one request pad (of course a
source pad). This pad can give out a special h264 or raw stream. But I would
like to create additional (1 or 2 more) request pads, that would deliver the
mentioned grabbed stream with different framerate and/or image format. I
looked into the description of GstCollectPads, which might can be used to
handle more pads, but I noticed one line:
"... Pads are added to the collection with
gst_collect_pads_add_pad()<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstCollectPads.html#gst-collect-pads-add-pad>/
gst_collect_pads_remove_pad()<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstCollectPads.html#gst-collect-pads-remove-pad>.
The pad has to be a sinkpad...."

I need source pads. Can my problem be solved with GstCollectPads? If it is
yes, can you show me an element or an example that I can use as a reference?

Thanks in advance,
Zoli