[gst-devel] Determining incoming framerate for client app.

Merrick Fonnesbeck MFonnesbeck at sorenson.com
Wed Oct 15 22:03:15 CEST 2008

I looked into jitterbuffer recently and tried that in order to get a
better quality playback and it seemed to help a little bit.  The best
playback seems to be between 15 and 20 fps, beyond that it get pretty
choppy and not as fluid, but its still not as fluid as the Google Talk
application on the device.  And so I'm trying to see if I can read the
framerate coming in to see how in outgoing and incoming framerates
compare.  The code to create the outgoing caps on the camera and set the
framerate is shown below.  Is there anything else that I can do to
improve the quality of the image coming in?  If you need more details
ask.  Thanks for your help.

output_caps = gst_caps_new_simple("video/x-raw-rgb",
	"width", G_TYPE_INT, 176,
	"height", G_TYPE_INT, 144,
	"framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 15, 1,
	NULL);