[gst-devel] sequence header from "codec_data" for WMV VC-1 Advanced and Simple Main profiles.

Ajitabh Saxena ajitabhp at broadcom.com
Fri Oct 17 23:32:08 CEST 2008

Hi All,
           We have written a gstreamer plugin and it announces itself as a decoder. Since my decoder will reject anything without the sequence header.
I am trying to the get the sequence header from a WMV AP file but not able to get it. I am using totem to test my plugin.

In my sink_set_caps function:
value=gst_structure_get_value(XX,"codec_data");
buff = get_value_get_buffer(value);
xyz = GST_BUFFER_DATA(buff);
size = GST_BUFFER_SIZE(buff);

I am able to get the sequence header for Advanced profile but for simple main it gives me only 4 bytes.
-- Thanks,
-- AJ