[gst-devel] dv support on windows

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 09:17:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

  The dv1394src and hdv1394src plugins depend on several linux (posix?)
specific libraries, like libraw1394 and libavc1394. Therefore will never
be usable on windows (and macosx also, unless they have those libs).

  This requires figuring out the proper API to use to access firewire
devices on windows, then making a source element for it. Hopefully they
have a high-level enough library to do that without it being too
painful.

    Edward