[gst-devel] sequence header from "codec_data" for WMV VC-1 Advanced and Simple Main profiles.

Ajitabh Saxena ajitabhp at broadcom.com
Tue Oct 21 03:29:10 CEST 2008

Hi There,
        Thanks for the information. I figured that it should be correct only. Now from the VC1 specs it says that  there is a 4 byte sequence strucutre (STRUCT_C) for simple and main profile. The fiels included are:

PROFILE: 4bits
FRMRTQ:3 bits
BITRTQ_POST:5bits
LOOPFILTER:1
Res-3:1
MULTIRES:1
Res-4:1
FASTUVMC:1
EXTENDED_MV:1
DQUANT:
:
:
:
Res6:1

Though the total of this structure comes to 4 bytes. But when I see the metadata for simple/Main
0x4B 0xF1 0x0A 0x01

The first two bits which designate the profile are set to Advanced profile.
>From Specs it says that these bits are designated to be

Value    -  Meaning.
    0    - Simple Profile.
    4    - Main Profile.
    12   - Advanced Profile.

Just also want to mention that for advanced profile the Metadata makes perfect sence and the data that I am getting is

27 00 00 01 0f DB BE 27 F1 67 88 80 00 00 01 0E 10 44 9F C5 9C 80

Am I parsing the structure correctly. I know I am missing something.
Please Help.
-- AJ.