[gst-devel] Size of output buffer

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:48:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

Dont confuse events with buffers. Events are some kind of
notifications that flow through the elements in a pipeline. The
elements then take the appropriate action if needed or forward it to
the next element. Events can flow downstream as well upstream,
whereas buffers flow downstream only.  I would suggest you understand
these differences first before writing  a plugin.

gst_pad_push_event() pushes events  and gst_pad_push() pushes buffers.

Ved