[gst-devel] issue in playing video

Fabio Estevam fabioestevam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 15:22:48 CEST 2008

Dear Murugadoss,

--- On Wed, 10/22/08, murugadoss <v.murugadoss at gdatech.co.in> wrote:

> From: murugadoss <v.murugadoss at gdatech.co.in>
> Subject: [gst-devel] issue in playing video
> To: "Discussion of the development of GStreamer" <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 9:25 AM
> Hi,
> I am working on getting gstreamer over linux in i.mx27
> board. I have
> ported the gstreamer and the audio is working fine. when i
> try to run
> the video file, it give me a error message. i have tried
> out with
> various plugins. I used the gst-inspect command to find out
> the plungins
> present,

Looks like you didn't follow my previous suggestions.

As I referred in earlier emails you will have better performance on the MX27 if you use the hardware accelerated plugins available on Freescale's website, which makes use of hardware decoder/encoder present on MX27.

Of course you can use generic plugins, but performance will not be optimal.

Download the package from here:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX27_CODECS&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

(Click on MX27_FULL_VPU_SW_LINUX )

, and then read carefully the
Multimedia_Linux_Codecs_SDK_Release_Notes_MX27_ADS.pdf document as it contains all the information you need. There are Gstreamer pipeline examples for using the hardware accelerated plugins for encoding and deconding video on the MX27.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam