[gst-devel] request pad issue

Zoltan Seress gatesofdarkness at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:52:10 CEST 2008

> You can't currently add request pads to basesrc. You will need to extend
> your source from GstElement and copy the relevant basesrc code.

Hi!

I found it in the description of GstBaseSrc;
"There is only support in
GstBaseSrc<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstBaseSrc.html>for
exactly one source pad, which should be named
"src".<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstBaseSrc.html>
"

But my source element is exended from GstPushSrc. If I simply modify my
boilerplate, that is simply not good, becouse the source has GstBaseSrc
specific functions like create, start, etc. How can I do that exactly? I'm
not pro in gstreamer.
And another question: is there any element which has 2 or more always src
pads?

Zoli