[gst-devel] querry : filesrc element

arnabsamanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Sun Oct 26 05:19:03 CET 2008

Hi Frans ,
	Thanks for your reply.
	I have gone through the plug in writers guide , as you suggested.

	About the Filesrc element , it has neither a chain ( ) nor any known macro
of functions for pushing the data to the pad s .  The implementation is
different from the other plug ins which have a sink and a src pad. I could
find the similairity in implementation with filesink , udpsrc etc elements
which either comes first as src of pipeline or at last as sink of pipeline.

	Now , again my doubt is without a chain( ) and a pad_push(), how the data
is send to the next element ?
	Do we have any other mechanisms for the same ?

	~Arnab