[gst-devel] GstRtpbin and RTCP sender reports

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Tue Sep 2 11:32:58 CEST 2008

Wim Taymans wrote:
>> Another alternative would be to use Rtpbin, but I am not sure how to use this,
>> so an example would be nice.
>
> don't use this element, it's deprecated and does not work correctly.

is something deprecated why not documented?
according to the page (which is come from the main documentation page):
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/rtp.html
"The RTP stack described below on this page is in place and works, but a
new and improved one is in development and you can find the latest
details on that on the Farsight Wiki page."
so for me it seems the farsight is the newer (what's more gstrtpbin is
in gst-plugins-bad) although you said it's deprecated.
it's very clear for this list that almost half of the mail is about rtp.
it can be two reason: it's very popular or it's not clear to most people
how to use it.
imho it'd be better to everyone to make these thinks cleaner...